Anyone may enter this Cosplay event regardless of whether you made your costume or not.
Entrants age 13 and under must have their parents' permission to enroll, and MUST be accompanied by a legal guardian or relative of age at the show.
Prizes may include:
- Free Cosplacon shirt
- Free passes to Cosplacon 2014
- Free photoshoot
- Additional prizes
HOW TO ENTER
YOU MUST HAVE A WEEKEND PASS
Signup for the Cosplacon Best Cosplay will be open from Thursday until Saturday before 10:30am at Cosplacon Cosplay Table. If you would like, you can also sign up when you Pre-Reg. If you choose to do this, you must submit a photo of your cosplay after you have received confirmation of your payment.
No costume is NO COSTUME!
- While many anime characters wear what could be termed "street clothes", a single character in regular everyday clothing isn't very engaging and thus, is disqualified. However, if this character is part of a group performance or elaborate props are involved, this entry will be eligible to compete.
- All costumes need to be tasteful. The bare minimum of coverage that will be allowed at the event will be the equivalent of a bikini. This means body paint, latex pasties, etc. are NOT considered adequate body coverage and additional clothing MUST being worn over them. Thongs are NOT allowed unless covered by shorts, skirts, capes, etc.
Cosplay is an ALL-AGES event
The Cosplay should be considered a PG-13 rated event, at the most. If you have a question about your costume, please feel free to ask the Cosplay Staff if it is considered acceptable.
The contest will be categorized into several costume "types" as well as Skill Divisions. Entrants should have an idea as to which Skill Division they fall under prior to registration, if possible. If you have any questions or need assistance on this, please ask one of our staff and we will do our best to help you.
- Video Game
- Comic Book
- Original Character
- Beginner - I am new to cosplay and this is my first one or I have no history in costuming.
- Young Fan - I enjoy cosplay and have done a number of them, but feel that I need work.
- Novice - I love cosplay and feel that I have a grasp on how to make the outfit/costume.
- Expert - I know my stuff and I'm good at what I do.
- Master Fan** - I have the best interpretations, but I did not make all of my outfit/costume.
- Master Craft - I have the best and I made all of it.
- Other - I have no idea. I will let the judge(s) pick my division.
** Please note, the Master Fan skill division can only win a place award for this division and People's Choice. All other special awards such as Best in Show, Best Fit and Judges' Award(s) are not eligible in this category.
- All entries must be able to get on and off of the stage safely.
- For safety reasons, items such as confetti, fireworks, glitter, flash paper, rose petals, water and other small messy objects are strictly forbidden to be brought into the stage area.
- When on stage, non-firing toy weapons will be allowed without peace bonding, but be aware that any "live" weapons will result in immediate eviction from the stage.
- No food, animals, or remote controlled devices are allowed on stage.
- No throwing items into the crowd. You'll put someone's eye out!
MARTIAL ARTS / STAGE FIGHTING
- All stage fighting and general hijinks of this nature must be limited to half speed and quarter strength.
- One foot MUST remain on the floor at all times. This means no jumps, leaps or rolls.
- Climbing onto the stage or leaping off the edge of the stage are both prohibited and extremely dangerous (and will make our insurance premiums skyrocket!)
- The skit must follow the same rules as the Video rules (see Cosplay Video), just reduce the time to 3 minutes.
The award categories for Cosplacon Cosplay Events are as follows:
- Best in Show
- Second Place
- Best Skit Performance
- The People's Choice (basically, the hands down favorite of the audience, based on reaction)
- Best Fit (an award for the cosplayer/costume that looks the most like the original source material)
- Up to six Judges' Awards (to be chosen at the sole discretion of the judges; there will be at least four judges, but no more than six)
All entries can qualify for any award with the exception of Best Skit Performance, which can only be awarded to a skit performance.